CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Rest in Peace, Baylee Boo

Here is my mom’s email that she sent to her closest friends:

“Baylee’s kidneys had failed, due to the Lasix that she needed for her heart (we found she had a heart murmur).We got that under control and she was up, walking, eating, being social on Tuesday, August 12, 2008. Then on Wednesday, she developed an urinary tract infection, which put her over the top. By Thursday, her breathing was worse and we knew she couldn't go on. They had ordered stents for her surgery on Friday but of course, that didn't happen. As Dr.Sara said, "because of this little guy we will have stents readily available from now on.” Maybe another Yorkie can be saved because of Baylee's stents.”

My parents ended up putting her down on Thursday, August, 14th. They chose the option of having her cremated, which has been the best decision for the Elswick family. Even though, she is gone we still feel her presence as being there, but just in a different form. I kiss the wooden box every time I’m visiting parents, which has helped me tremendously through the grieving process. Thanks again for all your awesome prayers and words of encouragement. As you can see from my previous blogs, they really helped her condition during that week in Columbus!

Much love,
Brooke

1 comments:

Angela said...

Brooke I am so sorry, and please tell your Mom the same. I cannot imagine how hard it would be to lose a pet, which is definitely a little family member. I can't believe she was just 11, it seems like you guys have had her as long as I have known you! Your family is in our prayers.